On the occasion of the 80thanniversary of the heroic deeds of the Portuguese Consul at Bordeaux, Aristides de Sousa Mendes, who saved men, women and children, many of them Jewish; and on the occasion of the 75th Anniversary of Nuremberg Trials, that resulted on the International criminal law and the International Criminal Court, it will be held on the 29th of October, 2020, at 3 p.m., at Tribunal da Relação de Coimbra, the Conference “The 75th Anniversary of the Nuremberg Trials / Aristides de Sousa Mendes”.
The Conference is organised by the Never Forget Program – National Program around the Memory of the Holocaust and may be watched directly using the Canal 1 da JustiçaTV.
- Luís Azevedo Mendes – President do Tribunal da Relação de Coimbra
- Marta Santos Pais – Commissioner of Never Forget Program – National Program around the Memory of the Holocaust
- Cláudia Ninhos – PhD in History, NOVA University of Lisbon – School of Social Sciences and Humanities (NOVA FCSH)
- Marco Borges – Judge of Law
- António Moncada de Sousa Mendes – Grandson of Aristides de Sousa Mendes
- Esther Mucznik – Journalist and Writer (Recorded Message)
Closing Session – Music Moment
Concerts of Justice – Palace Cycle
Orquestra Clássica do Centro